Currently, the South African unemployment rate for youth is sitting at 70%. This is caused by social issues, inaccessible job opportunities/lack of reliable transport, lack of experience and a shrinking economy. The South African Government is trying to address this issue through legislation, exciting tax breaks for companies and encouraging learnership programs with stipend to exist.
Organisations have their Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment score cards improved either by paying for learners to be trained in certain skills or by providing the workplaces for learners to get practical experience in their chosen field.
C.O.N.E.C.K.T is super passionate about getting more youth especially from disadvantaged backgrounds i South African envolved in the economy and jumps at any opportunity to assist in anyway we can and assist our likeminded members out too.
Enter care bear extraordinaire and HR specialist Tracy Van Der Merwe from Clarity EQ, who’s alliance partner People Solutions needed an affordable training venue for 8 learners to use a couple of days a month for the entire year to receive their theoretical training. Tracy contacted CONECKT immediately to find an affordable venue to which CONECKT invited our members to nominate their venues for use of training in exchange for remuneration.
There were so many hopefuls, however only one venue could be chosen for this assignment and the venue that was chosen by People Solutions was the L Ron Hubbard Museum with stunning views and architectural design. Just one eensy weensy teeny tiny snag.
The L Ron Hubbard Museum is not allowed to receive money and CONECKT insisted that the museum get compensated for loaning out their venue – So in true C.O.N.E.C.K.T. spirit an agreement was brokered which consisted of C.O.N.E.C.K.T. taking the money that the museum would of received and purchasing a much needed stove in leu of a cash payment.
The benefit of this highly innovative transaction was:
- People Solutions was able to conduct their much-needed training and got paid for it, thus stimulating the economy.
- Clarity EQ at the end of the training will be able to place skilled and knowledgeable youth with stipend int workspaces to gain practical experience, making them more employable in the future.
- The company/s that eventually host these learners will benefit from the free skills and labour that these interns bring. This intern frees up money to focus on building up their organisations which will stimulate the economy further.
- The L Ron Hubbard Museum now has a stove and saved money in the process to continue the incredible charity that they do.
- CONECKT has more money to continue the incredible work that we are doing.
C.O.N.E.C.K.T. is a for social impact company assisting the less fortunate to become more sustainable and less reliant on donations or fund-raising by creating and sourcing opportunities to participate in the South African economy.
People Solutions is an accredited training provider, equipping employees and those wanting to be employed with relevant skills that the South African economy needs.
Clarity EQ is a HR sourcing company that assists organisations to get the best out of their staff whilst improving BBBEE score cards and getting larger tax breaks.
The L Ron Hubbard Museum is a living reminder to when the founder of the Church of Scientology lived in Johannesburg South Africa – They are heavily involved in numerous charity events.
If you would like to get involved in any of these amazing organisations or would like to benefit from the incredible C.O.N.E.C.K.T. network then please contact us today.